My Work Outfit Ideas


This past Tuesday, my sister, Erika, and I had our own personal photoshoot. Now, I feel like I have to give some background for why we’re having a photoshoot. I’ve mentioned this in a prior blog, but my mom used to sell Cabi clothing and now my sister does. Cabi releases a full line for the fall and spring seasons along with two new arrival releases. She asked me to take pictures in the new arrival clothes, so she can post them on her social media. I took this as an opportunity to help her and get an updated headshot.

Before taking photos, I thought why not make a blog out of it, because my blog ideas are running dry. I figured I could share a work outfit look book. As I said in my previous blog, I am going to be a social media intern at Brand It Marketing Communications this summer. The dress code in their office is considered “nice casual” when in-office and business casual when meeting with clients. Here is an inside look into my favorite Cabi pieces I’ll be wearing this summer.

I am not passing up the offer of wearing jeans, but I figured I would dress up a classic pair of blue jeans with a blazer. It’s crazy how jewelry and a patterned (and incredibly soft) blazer can dress up and compliment classic white tee. These two past season blazers will stay in the front of my closet all summer long.

When the weather starts to warm up, I may be reaching for something more lightweight. I love how the Poet Jacket’s patchwork print features 16 different colors. I think this jacket, one of Erika’s favorites, just screams, “It’s summertime!” It’s so easy to dress up to meet a client or keep casual for completing daily tasks in the office.

I saved the best for last because I LOVE this outfit. The Discovery Trousers features the trending paper bag waist detail. I wish you could feel the material through reading this blog, because the amount of stretch is off the charts. The Sail Away Top pairs perfectly with the cumin colored trousers. The striped, cap sleeved top is comfortable and pairs flawlessly with an endless amount of pants and jackets. You can’t go wrong with a jean jacket, but Cabi’s Dylan Jacket is more comfortable than every other jean jacket I’ve owned. I think any type of colored jean or trouser makes an outfit just slightly more dressy than classic blue jeans.

Of course, these pieces aren’t all I’m wearing for three months worth of work but are top contenders for my first day of work outfit. I think my sister owes me some clothes and styling tips, because of all this free promotion I’m doing for her! Follow her Facebook and Instagram for more pictures of the collection. Check out some funny pictures below... it was a windy day and a picture ruined by a Walmart semi-truck! Also, just threw one in there with Erika, just because!

Comments