The Perfect Valentine's Day Date

This blog is written in the perspective of a female (obviously) for a male to follow. My goal is to ensure the guy plans the best date on Valentine’s Day. I may think this holiday is overrated, but here I am writing about it. Here’s my best three tips for each before, during and after the date.

Before
1. Flowers
Stick to the original red, white or pink flowers. I think a solid dozen of red roses with some greenery and baby’s breath screams Valentine’s Day.
2. Food
What girl doesn’t love food? If she’s a chocolate lover, your job just got easier because what store doesn’t have assorted chocolate during this time. If she doesn’t like chocolate, take the candy hearts or heart-shaped lollipop route. When in doubt, buy an assortment of her favorite snacks.
3. Sentimental Item
This isn’t my favorite thing to receive, because I’m not the keepsake items type. Some examples might be a bouquet of heart balloons or a cute teddy bear.

During
1. Out to Eat
There’s nothing easier than letting someone serve, feed and clean up after you. Take her to your favorite restaurant spot. This may feel like the easy route, but it’s a guaranteed win.
2. Cook Together
If you can stand each other’s presence in the kitchen, try cooking your meal. Choose an easy and doable recipe that you know will turn out great. Obviously, you can’t predict kitchen disasters, but be aware they can happen. I like to cook and think this is such a good idea, but I really hate the cleanup part.
3. Picnic
Whether it’s indoor or outdoor, I think this is adorable. The best of both worlds is getting takeout and setting it up as a picnic. This way, you cut out the chances of your kitchen or relationship burning down. Also, makes for easy clean up.

After
1. Stay-In
My favorite is curling up on the couch, under a blanket and watching a good movie. If this isn’t for you, maybe have a game night.
2. Experience
This also is an easy go-to idea that will probably not fail you. It’s a way to express both of your personalities and the possibilities are endless. You can go to a sporting event, museum, winery or brewery, take a pottery-making class or go see a show.
3. Activity
If the first two ideas don’t seem to fit your relationship style, maybe you could try an activity. Take a walk or hike, go fishing, take dancing lessons or sing karaoke.

I hope I took the stress off planning the perfect Valentine’s Day date. If you’re still stressing, nothing says, “I’m your perfect valentine” like a homemade card and thoughtful gift.

Image result for heart clip art

Comments