My Spring Break Trip to Nashville

As I mentioned in my previous blog, I went to Nashville with some of my best friends over spring break. This blog is going to be a recap of our trip and share some spots to check out if you are going to Nashville.

We left campus around 9 a.m. to start the six-hour journey. Here’s my first long drive travel tip! The night before, we made a playlist of various genres that was a little over six hours long. We had to listen to each song and could only skip two. I am not kidding when I say this made the drive go SO fast!

We arrived at our adorable Airbnb at 2:30 p.m., settled in and began to get ready for the night. We went to the FGL House for dinner. I had the classic cheeseburger and it really hit the spot. After dinner, we walked up and down Broadway to find a bar with a good vibe and live music. I enjoyed the rooftop bar atmosphere that overlooked downtown Nashville. It also was the perfect weather. We headed to Bridgestone Arena around 6:30 p.m. to watch the Nashville Predators play the Dallas Stars. Before this night, none of us have been to a hockey game. It was such an awesome experience, because the atmosphere was electric, and they won.

Dan + Shay are a nominee for Album of the Year for Dan + Shay.Since we were staying at an Airbnb, we could start our mornings out slow and relaxing. We snuggled up to watch a movie while eating breakfast and drinking coffee. On Friday night, we went to dinner at Margaritaville and I enjoyed some fish tacos. After a few drinks, we headed to Bridgestone Arena once again for the Dan + Shay concert. The concert was probably one of the best I’ve ever been to, because obviously they sounded incredible, but they were so grateful to there. My favorite part was when Shay sang, “When I Pray for You” while playing piano to his wife and three-year-old son, Asher. After the song, his son screamed into the mic, “It’s party time,” and the whole arena filled with laughter and love for that little boy.

Saturday morning started out just like Friday, but after our movie we played a few rounds of Scattergories. Our plan was to head downtown earlier, so we could go to more places along Broadway. We enjoyed some delicious southern barbeque at Jack’s Bar-B-Que. I had a giant pulled pork sandwich with baked beans and mashed potatoes. My mouth is watering just thinking about that meal again. I’d go back to Nashville right now, just for that barbeque. We spent most of the night at Jason Aldean’s Rooftop Bar. The music was loud, the bar was full, and many memories were made… let’s just keep it at that!

The whole weekend was such a fun experience, and I highly suggest traveling to a fun city, like Nashville, with your best friends. We are already making plans to go back again sometime soon. If you’ve been to Nashville, let me know your favorite things to do and places to eat at!

Comments

  1. You guys seemed to have a BLAST! I am so jealous and wish I could have came with you guys more than anything. Dan and shay seemed amazing and I'm so here for you guys being hockey girls. We should plan a girls trip this summer. SPRING BREAK - WAHOO !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dan and Shay concert sounds absolutely awesome! I would have cried if I saw him singing to his wife and son. Nashville is so much fun because there is so much to see and do! I am so happy that you guys had so much fun down there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nashville, it's not too far from Memphis. Next time you go, make sure to check out opryland outlet mall! They have rainforest cafe inside and a aquarium restaurant. You had a better spring break than me, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brb while I go shed a few tears after reading this blog. Couldn't have summed up the trip better! Love the pictures and can't wait for round 2,3,4,5,6 and 7!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment