What I've Been Doing With my Extra Time

During my extra time at home, I wanted to write a blog about new things I’m trying or doing more of with my free time. I’m definitely a routine kind of person, so changing it up and trying new things are out of my normal.
Sushi – AFC Sushi
The first thing I’ve been doing more is cooking and trying new recipes. I like to take the lead in making dinner, so I don’t have to clean up! A few weeks ago, my sister and I were in Kroger and impulsively bought an avocado salad roll from the sushi bar. The next time we went, it was late and there were none left. Long story short, we got the ingredients to make our own at home. We’ve become masters at the whole rice paper thing and found a love for sweet chili sauce.

Amazon.com: doTERRA - On Guard Essential Oil Protective Blend - 15 ...The next thing I’ve been doing daily is diffusing oils. Personally, I’ve had a diffuser since my freshman year of college, because I was getting sick over and over again. My mom, who gets very into oils and creams, kind of forced me to get one. Ever since, I’ve used it and fallen in love with mixing different scents. I think diffusing is especially important during the time of a pandemic to stay healthy. I diffuse doTERRA’s On GuardProtective Blend, because it supports healthy immune function and contains cleansing properties. If you have a diffuser, I highly recommend the oil. It’s a little pricy, but I swear it works!

Another thing I’ve been doing more than I ever have before is at-home workouts. My favorite type of workout is getting in the gym to lift weights. Now, I don’t about you, but my home gym consists of a set of 20 and 5 lb. dumbbells, a yoga mat, a mini band and a long band. I wish I had a full rack with weights and a barbell, but I don’t foresee that being added anytime soon. I’ve learned to make most of what I have. On the days we don’t have volleyball workouts, I’ve been using Beachbody on Demand with my sister. It’s literally the Netflix of working out.

Best 'Bon Appetit' Test Kitchen Videos, RankedThe last thing I’ve been doing a lot more is finding new YouTubers to watch. I’ve found myself watching a lot of Bon Appetit. It is a channel where professional chefs make hilarious content and delicious food. My worlds are colliding with my love of cooking and watching YouTube videos. My favorite type of series is Claire Saffitz’s Gourmet Makes show. She recreates popular candy or dessert items into a homemade version.

Let me know if you have any goals for yourself during this quarantine. Are you trying something new or picking up an old hobby?

Comments

  1. I just loving reading about your life. It makes me feel like I am right there with you during it all. I love diffusers but I'm definitely going to check on the ones you are using. The at-home workouts, I can relate too, the life of a student-athlete is quite different know due to COVID. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also use a diffuser because of how sick I was my first year of college. Being close to that many people did not work well with my immune system! I have found my diffuser helps me, especially in the winter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment