Back and Better Than Ever

Hello and welcome to Keeping up with Paige! What better way to start out a semester of blogging than introducing myself! My name is Paige Hartings and I’m a senior Marketing Major and Social Media Minor from Coldwater, OH. I come from a small family that includes me, my mom (Patty), my dad (Rick), my older sister (Erika) and our Yorkie (Levi). We are a close-knit family, lovers of vacationing, going on family bike rides and making memories together.

Enough about me… let me share what I did during my summer break! Due to quarantine, it wasn’t a typical summer break, but I’m not complaining. It has been a HOT summer, so for someone who sunburns very, very easily… I’m ready for cooler temperatures.

Early June, my dad’s side of the family always travels somewhere on vacation and this year was to a house in Hocking Hills. This was our 4th time going to Hocking Hills as a family, but we were staying at a brand-new house. The long weekend was the perfect getaway from all the COVID craziness.

Following our Hocking Hills trip, a few days later my boyfriend closed on his new house and moved in. This was an exciting time for both of us, and did I mention how fun picking out furniture and decorating is?! I kept some opinions to myself since it’s not technically my house, but some of those window treatments from the previous owner were UGLY and just had to go!

At the end of July, my housemates and I met in Ada to catch back up and have ourselves a Luau. The weekend was full of laughs and making so many memories.

We planned a last-minute family vacation in July and went to Myrtle Beach, SC. We stayed at the North Beach Plantation which had an AWESOME swim-up bar, which also was dangerous at the same time. My parents needed a weekend away from work to relax and what better place than the beach?!

From May to August, I completed my summer internship at Brand It Marketing as a Social Media Intern. It is a small marketing agency in Rockford, Ohio and I LOVED it. I had the absolute best time the whole summer because the team was so inviting. Their creative ideas and fun personalities made it hard to leave. Luckily, I’m continuing to work remotely from college, and I plan on returning during Christmas break. My favorite project I got to work on during the summer (besides creating content calendars) was a “Meet the Team” video series I shot and edited. I also did an intern video as well. Check it out, here.

Well, that was a long blog, but hey I haven’t done it in a while, so I had a lot to say. I guess you could call this word vomit. I hope you learned something new about me and I am eager to learn more about you.

                                                      
                                                                                                                     
                                                     

Comments

  1. I am so happy to be doing this year with you! I love your family pictures and I'm so proud of you for killing it at your marketing internship! I am looking forward to reading more of your blogs and making memories with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment