What Altered my Brand Loyalty?

Hello and welcome back to Keeping up with Paige! In my opinion, blogging about fun topics you are passionate about is WAY easier than a blog about a series topic. Don’t get me wrong – both are great, but this week’s blog is going to be about my passion for podcasts.

I started listening to podcasts after multiple boring drives from college to back home. Sometimes I wasn’t in the mood to listen to the radio or Spotify, so I needed to find something new.  I went to Spotify’s Business & Technology podcast categories and the rest was history. I found “How I Built This with Guy Raz” and immediately fell in love. Side note – podcasts make a one-hour drive feel like 10 minutes! Each episode, Guy Raz dives into the stories behind some of the world's best-known companies.

Since I’m a business major and a lover of inspiring entrepreneur stories, I would be lying if I should I didn't want to change the world after listening to one episode. I wanted to think of a product or service that would change the way people lived their lives. Okay hello – I’m back from the planet of unrealistic goals – but my appreciation towards these young entrepreneurs who took huge risks grew insanely. Now, I’m not going to change the world, but my perception of brand loyalty had changed.

Since listening to the founders of various companies like Stitch Fix, Dippin’ Dots, Crate & Barrel, Drybar, Five Guys, Dave’s Killer Bread, Away Suitcases, Minted, Tate’s Bake Shop, Spindrift, Panera Bread, Eventbrite, Ring Doorbell, Lululemon Athletica, Birchbox and Sweetgreen, I feel like I’ve gained more appreciation for each product or service. I listened to how they started, how they failed, how they evolved and how they never gave up. Every one of these stories isn’t sunshine and rainbows – each one of them failed or went bankrupt and had to find a new way to pursue their passion.

I encourage you to go and listen to hear these inspiring stories of entrepreneurs. The idea of brand loyalty, which is so closely related to marketing and social habits, has changed my perspective on how I shop after listening to this podcast.

                                                            How I built this with Guy Raz

Comments